As a mama of a new baby girl, my life lately has been all about swaddles, burp cloths, and onesies. But as a Star Wars fan, I always try to spruce up those basics with a little of my fandom flair. Since I had my first daughter 4 1/2 years ago, many more brands have now partnered with Lucasfilm to bring adorable new Star Wars merch for little ones. So if you’re looking for a holiday gift, baby shower present, or something sweet for your youngling, here are some of my favorite galactic finds!
1) Star Wars Muslin Hooded Towel and Washcloth set: Towel and washcloth sets are a useful gift that every parent will appreciate. We’re still using the sets I received at my baby shower 4+ years later! This set from Pottery Barn Kids is made from soft, organic cotton muslin and features an adorable print of C-3PO, R2-D2, and Yoda. I also love that the towel has a hood for extra warmth. It’s a practical gift but it’s also extra special because of its Star Wars style.
2) R2-D2 Moccasins: My daughter lived in her Freshly Picked moccasins for the first year and a half of her life. So when I saw that FP now carries Star Wars styles, I flipped out. They have so many stylish designs to choose from, but these Artoo moccasins are great because they’re gender neutral and the pattern is iconic. Soft sole shoes are recommended for early walkers so why not have your Padawan’s first shoes be Star Wars-inspired?
3) Yoda One-Piece Set w/ Beanie: Babies spend the majority of their days sleeping (hopefully) so it’s always nice to have cute sleepwear on hand. These Yoda footie pajamas are made of super soft jersey and the set comes with a matching knotted beanie. I like that Yoda’s face is sweet-looking and that the pattern almost looks like a watercolor. The pajama set also comes in two other prints featuring R2-D2 and Chewbacca. A lovely gift, this is. Yes, hmmm.
4) Star Wars Wooden Teethers: Wooden teethers have become very popular lately. They are touted as a safer alternative to plastic and silicone teethers since the wood is natural and chemical free. Leave it to a talented crafter on Etsy to make wooden teethers in Star Wars shapes. The BB-8 and Artoo teethers are my favorites and if I were a teething baby, they’d look enticing to chew on! They also offer Star Wars paci-catchers that coordinate with the fun teether shapes.
5) Milksnob Star Wars Cover: This Milksnob cover has been a game changer for me. It covers an infant carseat to block out the harsh sun or wind and it doubles as a cover for you when you’re nursing! As a carseat cover, it’s nice because it also insulates the baby from noise and snoopy strangers without trapping any heat. I like that the cover is fitted so it stays secure, unlike a draped swaddle blanket. The best part is the fabric is super soft, lightweight, and it has a precious Star Wars pattern. I have the Little Galaxy cover in white, but they also have a Little Rebel cover that is black and white and super chic.
6) Space Puffins art: Artist Andie Batts captures the cuteness (and tiny teeth) of the porgs in her beautiful artwork. This piece is available as a print or you can get the artwork printed onto other items like stationery cards or a decorative pillow. I actually have this Puffins pillow—the quality is great and the colors are vibrant. This artwork makes a sweet baby shower gift because kids of all ages love porgs, and the pink background makes it a colorful addition to any nursery.
7) Princess Leia doll: Heirloom dolls are such a special gift. When my first daughter was born, my sister gave her a handmade Princess Leia doll by The Phina Project. The doll is beautiful and she has been well-loved over the years. Chelsie doesn’t sell the Leia doll anymore, but she has many other adorable dolls so be sure to check out her shop! I also found this Leia rag doll on Etsy, which is super cute as well. She’s perfect for snuggles or she’d look charming sitting on a bookshelf next to a copy of Vader’s Little Princess.
8) Ewok and Yoda mobile: If I was laying in my crib for 17 hours a day, I’d sure want something fun to look at! This Star Wars baby mobile has darling, felt Ewoks and Yoda plushies. Green felt leaves and yellow stars complete the whimsical look. The mobile is a little on the expensive side, but all the handmade and unique details make it worth it, in my opinion. The seller also has a Chewie and the porgs mobile and Star Wars stroller plushies, so there are lots of ways to keep your little one entertained!
9) Yoda baby headband: (pictured on Aleya) Baby headbands are an easy way for little ones to get festive for the holidays or fancy for special outings. There are a lot of Star Wars headbands on Etsy, but I particularly love TeenieBeeBoutique‘s styles. There are headbands with favorite Star Wars characters like R2-D2, Darth Vader, a Stormtrooper, BB-8, and a porg! While the Yoda headband is sold out, it doesn’t hurt to ask if she can do a custom order for you. There are also some cute hair bows in stock (including a Yoda one), for Star Wars and Disney fans of all ages.
10) Star Wars Swaddle Set: There are two important “s” words when it comes to babies: shushing and swaddling. Let’s add Star Wars as a third “s” word to that list! This Star Wars Swaddle Set from Pottery Barn Kids has been a lifesaver for me. Their swaddles are 100% organic cotton muslin and super soft. They’re also a little longer than most other swaddle blankets, which is great if your child is on the taller side (like mine). Plus, the Star Wars patterns are so adorable and I love that the colors are gender neutral. This is a gift that any parent (and baby) will appreciate!
With the release of The Rise of Skywalker, the launch of The Mandalorian, and the opening of Galaxy’s Edge, I expect we’ll get more fun Star Wars baby and kids items soon. Happy shopping and may the sales be with you!