New Year, New Star Wars!
While we wait for Solo: A Star Wars Story to hit theaters in May, I’m still basking in the glow that is The Last Jedi—namely, the porgs! I seriously can’t get enough of those little cuties, so I’m always on the hunt for new porg merchandise. If you too are obsessed with those adorable Ahch-To creatures, this porg style roundup is for you! First up is the porg sweater I’m wearing by Her Universe. It’s currently on sale and there’s only one size left! It’s super soft, great for layering, and I love the length. The sweater is also available in teal which offers a fun pop of color. I paired my cream colored version with a light pink slouchy beanie, white jeans, and gray Nikes. I’ve shared more stylish porg items below to add to your collection!
- Pendleton Star Wars Throw Blanket: There’s nothing better than getting cozy with a warm blanket and watching a Star Wars movie at home. This Pendleton blanket provides extra warmth and the wool fabric makes it durable and less likely to collect dust and stains. Of course, the Chewie and the porgs pattern makes this throw extra sweet! Even though this is “child-size”, it’s still long enough to drape over your lap while you’re resting on the couch or sitting at your desk. I have a Pendleton blanket with A New Hope design and I love it because it’s not only warm, it’s also a beautiful accent piece for the home that will last many years to come!
- Porg Pom Pom Beanie: Before The Last Jedi came out, I made a DIY Porg Costume for Halloween! I knew that once the film hit theaters, someone would make an official porg beanie…and sure enough, they did! This porg pom pom beanie is super cute and I love the mix of pastel colors. It’s a practical accessory that you can wear during the day with a sweatshirt hoodie or at night with a tailored wool coat.
- Sterling Silver Porg Necklace: Keep your porg close to your heart with this sterling silver porg necklace. It even features gem stones in the porg’s eyes! Star Wars jewelry is a great way to wear your fandom in a more subtle way. What’s particularly neat about this piece is that the pendant is 3D and it actually has a lot of detail for its small size! The necklace is simple and elegant, which also makes it perfect for layering with other Star Wars necklaces!
- Porg Cardigan: From far away, this looks like a classic gray cardigan…until you get closer and see the porgs in the pocket! I have been living in this cotton cardigan ever since I got it. It’s great for California weather and I love the surprise of the little porgs peeking out of the pocket! Unfortunately it is sold out on the Her Universe site. If you’re looking to buy it now, it is available HERE in Germany! Hopefully it will become available again in the States because this sweater is pretty porgfect. How do you say “sorry for the bad joke” in German?
- Porg Chiffon Dress: If you aren’t familiar with UtinniBikini on Etsy, you gotta check out her shop. She is a master at creating Star Wars prints that are truly unique. I have had my eye on this porg chiffon dress because the pattern and cut of the dress are *chef’s kiss*! I’m hoping to buy it in time for Spring but I also like the idea of wearing it with a chunky knit cardigan and combat boots. She also has other porg dresses, tops, skirts, and pins!
- Porg Mug: Look at this pouty porg face! Who wouldn’t want to wake up to this adorableness?! Porgs are so popular that items sell out quickly. While it’s no longer available at the Disney Store, it IS available on Amazon! If you’re unsure about drinking out of a porg’s head, you can use the mug to hold pencils or makeup brushes. Or peonies would look beautiful in the porg mug, don’t you think?
- The Last Jedi Crossbody Bag: Are you searching for a classic purse with a little Star Wars touch? Well, this is the bag you’re looking for. The Dooney & Burke brand is timeless and the textured leather design is stunning. In addition to the porg, I also like how the design incorporates some of the characters from The Last Jedi. Plus the vertical X-wings and TIE fighters make a unique pattern! This is the type of bag that will still look good as it weathers with age. I’ve always liked wearing crossbody bags because it keeps my hands free while I’m on the move. (As a mom, I appreciate that now more than ever!)
- Chewie and Porg Socks: Stance Socks feel so good on your feet! They’re cushiony, breathable, and they maintain their color and shape, wash after wash. You throw in the fact that they have the coolest Star Wars designs and this, my friends, is why I’ve begun a collection of Stance socks. This Chewie and porg design is obviously a must-have for any member of #porgnation!
- Porg Plush: Everyone needs a good porg plush to cuddle with! I got this one for my daughter last year and she absolutely loves it. It’s the right size for a 2 1/2 year old but it also makes a great desk mate or couch buddy. I really like the fuzziness of the wings and the face makes me chuckle every time I see it. If we can’t hug a real porg, I guess a plush one is the next best thing!
Are you Team Porg? Or are you Team Vulptex or Team Caretaker? Heck, I’m Team Everything from The Last Jedi! 😆 I hope your 2018 is off to a great start! We’re only 4 months away from a new Han Solo film! *Punch it!*